Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, February 12, 2007
Today was spin class with Cheryl. We (Cheryl and I) decided I would stay seated (in spin class) since the last spin class (where I practiced standing) tweaked my ankle. It has been a couple of weeks and my ankle is still sore (and riding Saturday with my bike fit off...made it worse). Our plan is to have me only stand (on the bike) when I have to. The goal is to get me through PacTour without inflaming the ankle (so I don't lose riding time).


Sunday, February 11, 2007
Today was a recovery day. My body ached, not from the ride itself; but rather because the fit on my bike was off (after having a new saddle professionally installed). My goal was to get my bike into a Seven retailer to have the measurements checked. Gregg's didn't want to do the measurements, but rather wanted to do a full fit for $100...and I knew that wasn't happening. So I pulled out my sheet of measurements.

Each Seven custom bike comes with a set of measurements for setting up the bike. The measurements are suppose to be a starting point. All very technical and for me the measurements have been perfect.

Seven gives the new owner five measurements:
  1. How long the saddle is (from front to back) that they recommend you ride.
  2. The height of the saddle (measured from the center of the bottom bracket to top of the saddle).
  3. The distance the noise of the saddle should be behind the bottom bracket (as measured using a plumb bob and measuring device).
  4. The distance from the back of the saddle to the handlebars.
  5. The rise of the handle bar above the saddle.
So I got out my cm tape measure and my carpenter's level and began to work. I found two issues. 1. the saddle was 1/2 cm too low and the saddle noise was tilted up too high (I like mine level). I fixed both and look forward to my next ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home