Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 16, 2007
This afternoon I spent 48 minutes spinning (actual ride time). Burned 697 calories. This is the longest actual ride time I've had on the rollers. I'm getting smoother...or I'm feeling smooth more often on the rollers. Working to keep my abs tight and my shoulders and hands relaxed. Right now it is hard for me to relax anything on the rollers. Total time on the bike was over an hour...Took some breaks, including a phone call from the PacTour folks...I'm really getting excited for the tour. The tour is also great motivation. I know that I have to get the miles in before the trip. Thus, when the weather is bad I need to spin. My mountain bike partner isn't riding much and not in the evening...so I'm not doing the mountain biking that I was last year (4-5 days a week). I need to figure out some mountain bike riding on my own or find some new partners. I'm contemplating riding from Issaquah to Redmond and back on the mountain bike one evening...just to mix it up a bit. It can't be much more than 16 miles and it is fairly flat...so it seems doable. I haven't been in the pool this week because I've been waiting for my cold to move out of my chest...I think I'm well enough for the pool...so I look forward to getting back to swimming on a more regular basis (at least Tues/Thurs).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home