Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday, February 2, 2007

Multiple choice quiz:
Diana:
a) is a total slacker and an unmotivated athlete (oh wait...is she an athlete?)
b) has bad luck
c) lacks good solid common sense
d) lacks skills in priority setting towards achieving her goals.

I'm frustrated.

My class is Monday night (Managerial Accounting) and it is taking most of my free time. I've spent at least a couple hours every evening Tuesday-Friday and half of Saturday and all of Sunday studying for a test on Monday night...and I still don't feel ready! I have 6 weeks left of this class...oh yea...I also have 6 weeks left of training for PacTour. Needless to say...I have to get my rides in and my homework done. So much for a social life! This is the first class that I haven't been able to get my homework done in 6-9 hours.

My new (18 month old) furnace has quit 3 times in one week and 4 times over 2 months. The first time (Late November) I waited for parts for several days only to find that the part that I was waiting for didn't make a difference. 4 weeks later it quit again. Fixed...oh wait...it quit after a few days. Fixed again...oh wait...it quit after a few hours. So I'm hoping (and praying) that my furnace guys will finally realize that I have a lemon and get me a knew one. So, I've hung out at home (working from home) for two beautiful days this week. Both of which I could have gone for a nice ride (if I knew when the furnace guy would show up). I finally purchased a space heater and borrowed another one from a neighbor. Those two heaters keep the upstairs toasty and the fireplace is keeping the downstairs toasty.

So I haven't been getting my workouts in...

I have had one blessing. My two year old grand niece spent 6 hours with me on Saturday. We had a blast. I kept thinking, I need to borrow a buggy that will attach to my mountain bike so that she and I can go riding. I also realize I can't take her on the weekend again (until after Pactour). I have to ride on Saturdays...

My goal for this week is to try to get my homework done early in the week (and maybe use my lunch times) so that I can get to the pool and get out and ride.

Ok...I'm done ranting! It is time to pack my spinning bag for tomorrow...because tomorrow is a new day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home