Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Monday, January 29, 2007

Went to Cheryl's spin class. This was the first time my ankle has felt strong standing up. Worked a bit to try and stand just for a few minutes at a time. Trying to get into proper standing position...which I couldn't have done before...just because my left leg and ankle were so weak. Took it easy in class since this was day 3 in a row for my biking.

Met with Cheryl to go over my goals for the season. My main goals are on the road bike. I'm hoping to up my distance on the bike. My main event for this year will be RAMROD (assuming I can get in). Other rides that will help with my training for RAMROD will be STP as well as some of the century rides (Daffodil, Tour de Cure, Flying wheels, etc.). I'm Jazzed for the season. I'm also looking forward to Cheryl's distance group to fill in some of the gaps in my calendar.

I'm finding that having a really tough goal is helpful. PACTOUR has really made me disciplined about getting on the bike as often as I can. I'm hoping that RAMROD will do the same for me.

I'm also hoping to postpone (date) the removal of the hardware from my ankle until September. I figure I'll be ready for a break from riding by then...so taking a couple of weeks off to heal shouldn't be a big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home