Wednesday, January 03, 2007

January 3, 2007
First day back in the swimming pool in quite a while. I stayed in the pool for 40 minutes.
200 warm-up
8 x 50
200
150

January 2, 2007
My road ride was cancelled due to flooding so I went home and rode on the rollers. I've been nervous about the rollers because I haven't been on them since before I broke my ankle. Nothing to worry about. I did learn that a slightly harder gear is easier to ride. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the rollers. I look forward to riding on them. Rode at a heart rate of 80-85% of Max Heart Rate.

Spent 20 minutes doing core and ankle exercises.

December 31, 2006
Rode from Marymoore around Lake Sammamish and then did an out and back to Bothell on the Burke Gillman trail for a total of 42 miles. My goal was to end strong and I did. I'm working to get my cadence back up to 90 rpms. I crawled home on my last two long rides (60-65% of MHR) so this ride I ended between 85-90% MHR.

December 30, 2006
Rode with Julie around Yellow Lake (2 times) for a total of 30 minutes on the Mountain bikes.

December 28, 2006
Took Cosmos for a 3 mile walk.

December 27, 2006
Rode/climbed and hike a biked Tolt. Julie and I went up to see the damage from the wind storm. There were several trees down on the way up IAB. That was fine. We dealt with a couple of trees on Oxbow, that was fine. Then we decided to ride the road from Oxbow past the yellow sign and back to IAB. That was not fine. We ended up spending a couple of hours getting out. Climbed (with our big bikes) over and under many piles of logs and downed trees. Thankfully we both brought our lights as we needed them. Spent a total of 3 hours.

December 25, 2006
Had a nice ride out a Lake Sawyer with Julie and Pete. Rode for 1.5 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home