Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sunday, February 17, 2007
Today I decide to go mountain biking from home (at Beaver Lake). I told Julie I'd meet her at Soaring Eagle Park (at 10am) which is at the far end of the trails. I left home at 9:15am. It took me 25 minutes to get to the trail head (2.75 miles) and 30 minutes (1.9 miles) to get to the park from there. I was 15 minutes late and thankfully Julie was also late. We did a short loop together and then Julie headed home (to tend a sick cat) and I continued to ride. I seldom ride the lower part of the trail system so I headed there. I spent 1.5 hours riding that side of the trail system. I had a nice descent and one really gnarly one. One thing about going down is that you have to come back up. By the time I got to the top again I was ready to head home. I spent a little over 3 hours riding in the trail system. I found a new trail leaving the area and took it. It was by far some of the nicest trail in the area. Then I rode through Beaver lake park and then home from there. Today I managed 3 crashes. Two were due to slick logs (and not enough momentum to get over them) and one was an endo that happened when I was not paying attention. I remembered a phrase that was coined last year by someone in BBTC "wakey wakey hands of brakey" My hands were off the brakes but I wasn't doing wakey part ;-)

Total time out (3.53). Actual ride time 3 hours (this is when I wasn't huffing and puffing trying to catch my breath or picking myself up off the ground;-). Ascent 1020. 14.5 miles. Average speed 5.2 mph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home