Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Today I jogged at 4.0 on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then did a few intervals two at (:30 x 6.0) and one at (:20 x 8.0). Felt really good. Followed it with upper body weights and some core.
Bench 2x10 @ 50
bicep 2x10 @ 10
Tricep 2x 10 @ 20
Lats 2x10 @ 70
2 planks
2x 10 crunches
2x 10 lower abs (leg raises)
2x10 back

tonight is cyclocross practice at Marymoore!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - Simon clinic at Green Lake.
The private clinic with Simon was great. He set up a few practice areas and a short course. I really enjoyed the technical aspects (especially the descents). The big learning was to use the downhill to get back up the other side. He had me initiate the turns early so that I was able to accelerate into the climb. I'm still pretty strong...which sort of amazes me but shouldn't. My downhill bike is 42 lbs and I pedal it a lot in the summer so I have really good leg strength. Simon was surprised at my climbing ability. Once we finished the clinic he set up at short course with two descents and 2 climbs and I rode it for 10 minutes which felt good. I must say, I had a great time! Simon was really good to talk with, he reminds me that I'm a really good technical rider - it is important for me to hear it, because I forget! I'm thinking I'll race this weekend. Simon encouraged me to start racing soon before the other racers get too fit...which makes sense. I'm looking forward to cycle U starting the first week of October. Before that I'm thinking I'll go play at Green Lake Monday night. Also, I forgot how busy and energetic the Green Lake area is. The energy there is great. I had a good time!

Monday, September 20, 2010
I jogged on the treadmill today for the first long jog (30 minutes). I've been walking and throwing in a few intervals this summer. I decided it is time to start jogging. Jogging at my walking pace.


September 1, 2010 - 2nd ByrnInvent Cross practice. The skills are getting there. I practiced the cowboy dismount and was able to keep up my speed a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home