Thursday, May 13, 2010

Loving it

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Met Fredrika at Duthie for some freeride time. I brought my big bike. I was really apprehensive, it has been a month or two since I was out practicing. I ended up having a great time. Chris from my team was there and he did a bit of coaching. This is the second time he has coached me, the first he corrected my body position which really has helped and apparently I have integrated because he said my position was great. This time he pushed me to ride the drops faster. It was really helpful. It helped my timing; but also he explained that if you are riding faster there is less chance of something going wrong. Too slow and there is more chance for your front wheel to drop first which could result in an endo. It also makes sense to me that my issue of having the bike drop out from under me on big drops might be linked to riding too slow...

I rode the first two drops and I'm ready to move up to the third drop. I jumped (well) all the jumps on the first luna line. I cleared the last two table tops on the second line and I rode all the easy drops on the third line and rode the table top at the end. I need to work on getting my speed up faster at the top in order to get air on the first table top (2nd line) and to really drop well on the 3rd line. Also rode 2Hi twice. rode the whole run. Second line I jumped one jump really well, the rest I rolled. Again need more speed.

This morning I missed my treadmill workout because I forgot my sunglasses at home and had to drive back for them. After work, I'm riding 20 easy miles with Fredrika on the road bike. We are leaving from Gasworks. Hence the need for the sun glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home