Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today was a treadmill day. The Podiatrist suggest I try running in small doses. So today was three 30 second jogs mixed in with my regular 25 minute treadmill time. I'm currently pain free (on my right foot) so I'm hoping I can start with a little more jogging.

Tonight is cycle U. I decreased my zones by 5% last Tuesday and it helped a lot. Zone 4 felt like zone 4 and not zone 5!. I'm hoping I can get back to two days a week at Cycle U.

I'm signed up for 3 clinics.
1) Drop clinic this Saturday with Simon (and with Ann and Rachel). I'm losing my bike out from under me on some drops; thus I've gotten timid. So I'm hoping Simon can find the issue. I'm practicing drops and jumps on Wednesday and Friday this week at Duthie. I'd like to take my big bike; but parking is an issue and I might have to ride a couple of miles to get to the bike park...riding on a down hill bike doesn't sound fun...45 lbs of bike with 7" of suspension...

2) A cornering / switchback lesson with Kat (and with Fredrika and Ann). It will be at Tokul East (on the Last Frontier trail) that has a couple of good switchbacks.

3) A 3 day downhill clinic at Whistler with Simon. I'm hoping this clinic will push my skills to a new level.

Kat's regular Thursday afternoon clinic will start up in June; so I'll get good skill work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home