Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's this all about

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Swam this morning. Woke up with a stiff neck so I was nervous about getting in the pool. I did some massage on the tight spot on the drive in to the pool. The swim was fine. I concentrated on keeping my chin in and not flailing around my head looking for air. Swum 1000 yards. Didn't push too hard because i didn't want to put stress on my neck. I did decide I'm going to make myself 4 workouts on cards and get them laminated. So I have specific workout I'm doing. Feels good to be back in the pool.

Tonight I'm doing skills (drops and jumps) at Duthie in preparation for Saturday's clinic.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Went to cycle U last night. The work out was four 12 minute zone 4 intervals with 6 minutes in between. My usual trainer was taken (note to self - get there earlier....which of course sometime they don't open the joint till right at 6:00pm - our start time.) I chose a new trainer (in a spot that isn't covered by the overhead fans...so I was a little overheated.) I started warming up. It seemed difficult but I figured I just needed more warm up....and warm up I did. The first interval seemed really difficult. I was having a difficult time getting past zone 3; then I noticed my heart rate was high. So I decided to drop my heart rate to 80% and this put in at the top of zone one. Not sure if the trainer was off or me or both. Not sure what is up. I was definitely wheezing a bit (I checked my Peak Flow when I got home and it was a little over 400...which is normal after I've used the inhaler). It was 400 this morning with no inhaler so my lungs are fine. I've been in bed by 9:00pm every night this week...so I'm getting plenty of sleep.

I did two intervals and called it a day. Maybe it is that I'm back to a full workout schedule

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home