Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekends are for fun

Monday, May 17, 2010
A bit tired today. Stayed up too late doing laundry. Also, my neck is bothering me a bit. So my swim was all of about 15 minutes. Tonight is a switch back clinic at Tokul East with Kat. We are going to master the switch backs on Last Frontier. If we have time, I'd love to have her coach me through the drop on FlowTron. In reality, I need to be practing drops at Duthie on the Nomad so that I'm really comfortable dropping on that bike. With the new method that Simon taught me, I'm not as wigged out about the drop on FlowTron as I was. I've Ridden six days in a row...pretty impressive considering how little I've been riding.

Sunday, May 16, 2010
Did a clinic with Kat on turns and berms. Her style is very different than Simon's and she concentrates on different things.

My big learning was pumping with my feet on the pump track like bumps. On the berms she had us concentrate on braking before the turn, getting low, looking around the turn.; then popping up to get ready for the next turn. She also had us work on Two, one, none braking.

Saturday, May 15, 2010
Ann, Rachel and I did a drop, jump and berm clinic with Simon. It was awesome. His teaching style is very simple. He said with skill on drops I should be able to drop anything at any height. That was good to hear. His major thing is to shift the hips back. The slower the speed coming into the drop the more exaggerated the hip movement.

On Jumps, he had us pay attention to our feet and really feel the bike going into the jumps. It made a major difference. Any pumping motion he is having us do is with our feet and not our upper body.

On Berms, he had us weight our outside foot and point the inside knee in. Made a big difference.

Friday, May 14, 2010
Met Fredrika at Duthie for another day of freeride. I was fairly tired and so we played on the drops, played on the jump lines and rode 2Hi. Then called it a day. I was making little mistakes that are linked to being tired. I made sure I was in bed by 9:00pm so that I'd be rested for my Saturday clinic.


Thursday, May 13, 2010
Met Fredrika at Gasworks for an easy 20 mile road ride. I felt really strong and wasn't in the least bit tired at the end. I felt like I could have ridden another 30 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home