Monday, September 27, 2010

First Cyclocross race

Monday, September 27, 2010
Today was walking on the treadmill (30 minutes). I kept my speed between 3.0 and 3.5 and increased the incline (10 at the end). Followed by core and Bench press one set of 10 x 55 and one set of 8 x 55. Tonight I'll set up a set of tubeless cyclocross wheels. I've ordered a inexpensive trainer wheel for cycle U.



Sunday, September 26, 2010
First Seattle Cyclocross race of the season. I had a great time. I kept my heartrate between 90 and 93% of Max Heart rate, except for the run up (long dirt hill where you carry the bike) where my heartrate was closer to 95%. I really enjoyed racing cyclocross. Actually I really like riding the cyclocross bike in general. It is fun and a good challenge. I came in 19th out of 20 in the Masters Cat 4 (over 35) class. There were two women (one Cat 4) who started with us that came in behind me and two that were DNF. One woman was faster on the hill climbs but I have more technical skills and descending skills so we played leap frog until the last lap where I was able to pass her and put some distance between us. This was the first time I rode my cyclocross bike in the rain/mud. It took me a little while to get comfortable with how fast I could descend and be in control. So I think each race, I'll naturally get faster due to my getting comfortable on the cyclocross bike. My dismounts were fine. My mounts were not good. I don't have the strength to do a cyclocross mount after a run up or after an obstacle. More running is needed.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Wednesday night Cyclocross practice was great. I had a lot of fun. We started by running the field which was good for me. Then stretching, pushups, crunches and jumping jacks. I joined the beginning group which worked on mounts and dismounts. Then I rode the course for 30 minutes. I plan to do this every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home