Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November 21, 2006

Today I gave up my tempo ride for a fitness test. Since I've started biking, I've not had a formal fitness test...and I figured since I'm just getting started, after my broken ankle, the time is right.

I filled out miles of paper work with goals, history, etc. Showed up today and did VO2 Max test, flexibility, and strength tests. I was fairly surprised all around. I almost waited till February for all this because I figured my results would be low. They were not low at all. My VO2max was 31.5 ml/kg/minute. The test actually ended at my "calculated max Heart Rate" so the tester felt my results were low. My calculated MHR is 177 and my real MHR is 193. He guestimated I'd be higher than my test showed. Either way I'll take it. The test puts me between good and excellent...of course I was worried that with several months off this summer and several starts and stops in my exercise regime (due to my ankle injury) I'd be in the "poor" category. It is great to just have a baseline to compare to for this spring and summer. Plus it is fascinating doing the test...Yes fascinating isn't a strong enough word ;-)

http://www.worldar.com/endurance/vo2max.htm

I was also happy with my strength tests. Having lifted weights off and on all my adult life, it was nice to see I still have some strength to build upon.

November 20, 2006

Showed up for Cheryl's spinning class. I stayed seated and just did some easy spinning for the hour.

I also spent a couple of hours outside doing yard cleanup

November 19, 2006
Day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home