Monday, February 14, 2011

Back on Track

I'm back on Track!

Monday, February 14, 2011
Started on the treadmill at 5:30am this morning, and nothing seemed to be working. My heartrate monitor was being funky, the News had way too many commercials, the fan was pointing in the wrong direction... So I turned it all off and grabbed my coat and headed outside. 50 minute easy run. It felt really good. My lungs didn't complain at all (of course I used my inhaler before I began). This was one of my best runs. I'm finding myself on concrete and I'm wondering if that is ok. It has been years since my stress fractures, yet I still remember how long it took to get back on the bike afterwards...so I'm just a little cautious...too cautious? I really am enjoying running outside (even in the rain).

Sunday, February 13, 2011
Mtn ride at Black Diamond. My lungs complained greatly for the first 15-20 minutes. I used my inhaler more than normal. Then by 30 minutes my lungs were fine and I rode well. Total ride time was 1:45 which was really good. I felt like I could continue riding when we stopped. And I had fun. I need more fun rides.

Saturday, February 12, 2011
Hiked/walked at Cougar mtn. I'm trying to get comfortable on (and learn) the trails at Cougar Mtn. Walked about 3 miles.

Friday, February 11, 2011
25 minute easy run (on pavement). I'm finding that if I don't exercise I'm a little warmer (and sweaty) when I sleep. So this run was more about making sure I sleep ok, than about my run. It is great motivation and I found that last week I walked quite a bit just for that reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home