Sunday, February 15, 2009

Great Day for a Ride

Saturday:
Met a friend at Gene Coulon park for a ride around the south side of Lake Washington.  I felt better on the ride than I expected.  We rode counter clockwise.  There was some easy climbing.  I found I was climbing at about 90-92% MHR which felt good.  I was a bit faster than my riding partner so I waited  a bit.  My time was 2:10, distance 25, speed 11.3.  I was riding a lot in the 79-82% MHR range which is higher heart rate than Cheryl wants me at for my long rides.  Max HR 184 (95%).  Ave HR 149 (77.2%).  I'm guessing as spring approaches, I may be doing more solo riding so that I can ride my own pace.  For these Long Slow Distance rides I don't want to be chasing another rider and yet I also want to ride steady without stopping or slowing down as much.  Good thing is that I like riding so much that solo rides are fine.  Final note: I rode the hill coming off of the I-90 bridge.  I'm always a bit surprised when I make it to the top...yet I've never had to walk it on my Seven...

Sunday: this morning I'm taking an intermediate skill camp at the Colonnade which I'm looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home