Friday, February 13, 2009

Consitency

Well I'm consistently not being consistent. I met with Cheryl this week and she stressed that I need to start getting consistent. Of course this was one of the reasons I wanted to meet with her now instead of waiting till the end of March. Consistency now will make a big difference in my season. This week's activities included re-joining the SU master swim team. Now that I'm finishing school, I figure I can still drive to Seattle 2x a week and start the day with swimming. I also spent some time figuring out my XC race schedule as well as finding a couple of Down Hill clinics. The first clinic is a free women's clinic in March and then I figure I'll do a two day clinic with Fluid Ride.

Friday, February 13, 2009
Today was a treadmill day...and I could really tell that I haven't been running in a couple of weeks. I ran some, walked some...for a total of 2.5 miles.

Monday, February 9, 2009
Fredricka and I spent a couple of hours at the Colonnade. Each time I go there, I have a new success. This week's success was that I rode a couple of new switch backs (new for me) that I've not had the courage to try in the past. Next time I need to drop my seat a bit and I think that will help with the switch backs. I also rode a wooden circle that is like a miniature pump track. I had not even contemplated riding it in the past. This time I looked at it and said...I can ride that...and I did. I rode it a second time just for the heck of it. I tried my luck on the Octagon skinny and made it about 1/5 of the way around. I was so surprised when my bike (back wheel) fell off. Each time I tried I made it to the same place. So I spent the next 30 minutes practicing rear wheel lifts...because although my bike can make it all the way around...it would be good to be able to re-position my rear wheel in case I think it is getting too close to the edge. I also spent about 30 minutes practice wheelies. when I got home I re-watched a technical video and remembered several moves I use to do (manuals and wheelie drops).

Mountain biking reminds me of Golf...what...you don't see the connections? Well golf and mountain biking are both allot about concentration. As soon as you say..."look I'm doing it"...then you cease "doing it." Keeping your concentration totally and not letting your mind drift is crucial for success. Not getting stuck on your last failure or success; but just being in the moment.


Goals for next trip: Wheelie drops (1/2 + 1/4), manuals, rear wheel lifts and keep practicing on the switchback and the skinnies.

Sunday, February 8, 2009
I rode with Fredricka at the worm...and boy was I wiped...even before we started. I had been working frantically for the last month to make sure a work event on Saturday was a success. It was a great success; but after a 10 hour day and a month of stress...I was really tired. None the less we had a good ride. I'm riding well technically and I wasn't expecting any great energy spurts...so I was happy with the ride. We only rode the worm. We also met up with a couple of friends who are riding their brand new Santacruz Blur LT's. They look like great rides and the medium has enough stand over for me. Of course I'd ride a small...the problem is I don't need another cross country bike! I'm struggling a bit with my Nomad because it doesn't have enough stand over...but I plan to make it work this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home