Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another incredible day!

This morning I woke up "not tired" which is the first time in a couple of weeks that I rolled out of bed feeling good.  Of course this morning's "not tired" started at 4:30am!  I realized immediately that I wasn't going to fall back to sleep; thus I got up and started the coffee (it was timed to start itself at 6:00am).  I got a nice jump start on my taxes and it is looking like I shouldn't have to pay anything (which is a relief).

Today I participated in an intermediate skills clinic at Colonnade.  What a blast.  I made the decision to ride the Nomad (which is a bike I've been struggling with for a while).  Rich had me drop my saddle all the way down and it made a big difference in the handling of the bike.  I re-learned to manual.  I manualed off of the beginner jump.  Then off the first of the drops in the big kids park.  The we played on the table tops and the pump track.  The we rode the table tops in the park.  I felt really comfortable jumping on the Nomad.  It really helped that I could sit on the saddle and put one foot down.  It was a 3 hour clinic and I had arrived early to get use to the Nomad.  By the end I was wiped out!  But boy did I have a good time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home