Tuesday, November 07, 2006

November 7, 2006

I've been looking for riding partners for winter riding. I think I've found them. I rode with 5 guys in Kent for an evening road ride (with lights). We rode for 1.13 hours; 12.5 ave MPH; max speed was 17 mph; ave of 78% of MHR; Max heartrate was 91% MHR; rode 13.9 miles. It was fun. There were lots of lights and rail road tracks that brought down my heartrate and speed...but, I had a blast. My cadence felt slow but my average was 78 rpm which isn't bad at all. The ride was the perfect speed for me (at this time). I didn't have to work too hard to stay with the group. My Heart Rate Monitor seemed to read 85% a lot of the time. The last few miles was into a headwind...so my Heart Rate was closer to 90% of MHR. Nice tempo ride. I'm planning on riding with them twice a week. They ride rain or shine (only ice cancels the ride).

I've decided to leave flat pedals on my mountain bikes and put SPD pedals on the road bike. The SPD's only have 4-6 degrees of float which is what my PT wants. Time pedals have much more...so I'm going to stay away from them. I loaned out my SPD pedals...so I hope to have them back and on the road bike for this weekend. I also am looking forward to wearing my Lake all weather Mountain bike boots (which is why I'm going to SPD's and not my Dura Ace road pedals...road pedals wont fit on my boots).

October 24-November 3, 2006

I've been struggling with a lot of leg pain. The good news is that it is soft tissue rather than bone. I went to see the surgeon just to make sure. I've been on heavy doses of Aleve and have been icing my leg twice a day. The pain is finally gone (at least for the time being). I've dealt with this twice now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home