Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wet and Fun

Monday
I rode with Julie at Tolt.  I've not had much energy lately.  Not sure if it is just that I haven't  ridden much this summer; but what ever the reason, it sucks.  It took us forever to push our bikes up Its a bitch, and it took me another half hour to warm up.  I will admit I've felt fairly good for about one hour in the middle of my rides.  It might just be taking me longer to warm up.  Once we climbed to the trails, it started raining.  I was a bit nervous about wet roots; but my wet riding skills came back quickly.  It was a fun ride.  We were out for a total of 3 hours and rode Oxbow, the Bypass, MLR, Dancing, I-90.  We finished in the pouring rain.

After the ride, I helped Julie fill in a large hole in her yard.  She put a new sewer line in and still needed to finish the job by filling in the hole around the new pipes.  It has been a while since I did manual labor; but it felt good despite the rain.  By the time I headed home I was drenched and pretty muddy.

Back in the Pool
Sunday I finally made it back in the pool.  It felt good.  I didn't swim long (my goal for this week is 15 minutes with an addition of 5 minutes a week).  I've had some neck and upper back issues that reappear every few months, and they showed up after (immediately after) riding a log pile at the worm on Saturday.  The log pile started on the flat but finished with a bit of a drop.  I immediately felt my neck and upper back complain.  So my plan is to let my body get use to swimming again as well as try to keep my neck in a steady place.  For some reason I like to flay around when I breathe.  The other good news is that I tried using a nose plug.  It took a while to get use to not breathing through my nose, but the good news is no allergic reaction to the pool.  The last few times I swam at SU I was congested for a day.  I like the Klahanie pools (especially since I don't pay to use them). I will miss the Masters group; but until I finish my MBA, I can't make it to SU to swim.  I'm planning on giving up my locker...I hope I don't regret it.  For now, with me taking the bus to work, it is just too difficult to make it to the gym before work.  Although I am contemplating taking a Yoga class after work.  I feel like I need to limber up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home