Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday, 2007
Today was day one of fence building. I have 7 sections of my 6' Cedar fence that needs replacing. This morning I took the old fence down and hauled most of the old fencing to the dump. Then I dug out 7 wheelbarrow loads of dirt that need some relocating so that there isn't dirt up against my new fence (It should be 14 loads...but I just don't have anyplace to spread that much). I finished my day by digging one post hole. Tomorrow my friend Katie is going to come over to get a free tutorial on fence building. My goal for the morning is to pick up the last of the fencing materials and unload them. Cement the first post so it has time to set. Then hopefully get one section of the fence built before Katie comes at noon. I really want this to be a two day project! One thing that should help is that I borrowed a cordless circular saw so that I can make all the cuts at the fence rather than carrying the wood to and from a work bench up by the house. Of course it also helps that I just built 5 sections of fence about a month ago.

Thursday, April 5, 2007
I had a fun tempo ride with Seujan. Starting at Leshi, across I-90, counter clockwise around Mercer Island and back to Leshi. I pushed myself to keep my speed up (and my heart rate). Kept my heart rate at 88% of Max for first half of ride and then 85% for the last half. I keep forgetting how nice Mercer Island is! I love the rollers because they give me motivation to work hard; because if I don't keep my speed up then I have to work twice as hard on the climbs. Max speed was 34.5mph. Ave 13.5. distance 18 miles. Just a fun ride with a great riding partner! I'm just starting to push for speed...and my body is still questioning: What is wrong with 75% of Max...or heck even 65%. I think it is time to start throwing in some intervals. I also plan to take my bike with me to work and I can ride Mercer Island after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home